[Bf-python] Adding python hooks to C functions.

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Thu May 13 01:05:23 CEST 2004

Hi, I have tinkered with blenders code and managed to make some python
hooks to existing C functions.

It dosent seam that hard to do, even with debugging and writing the epy
docs.

Things Id like to add... havent thaught a lot abot exact naming but you
get the idea.

NMesh.triangluate() # Turn quads to Tri's, speed up exporting to formats
that only support tri's.
NMesh.removeDoubles()
NMesh.removeDoublesLimit(n)
NMesh.subdivide(Type=Normal, Smooth, fractal)
Scene.Render.RenderData.setBorder(...) # I have alredy done
Image.reload() # A hook to the image relaod in the image menu, I have
done this too.
Blender.Quit()
Object.setSelect(1/0) # To select/deselect objects in python
NMesh.Face.setSelect(1/0)
NMesh.Vert.setSelect(1/0)

So my question is...
IS there any group/single person who has a say as to weather things will
go into the python API? (Is this mailing list IT?)
Would sombody commit to the CVS my python hooks If I wrote and tested them?
-Cam

--
Campbell J Barton

133 Home Street