[Bf-python] Benchmark: OUCH!!!

Manuel Bastioni manuelbastioni at tin.it
Fri May 7 13:27:52 CEST 2004

Using Blender 2.33 under win2000.

While working on a new MakeHuman function, I've seen an strange
increase of ram requested. I've extract the code attached to test
(it's only few lines...).

In theory, this code each time create an empty list,
fill it with 8000 [0,0,0], and use it to modify the
coordinates of points of selected obj (all points
go in 0,0,0).

Of course the selected obj must have 8000 verts
and a vertex group called "All" that contain all verts.

Because each time I reset listOfV = []
I don't understand why this code increase drammatically the RAM
requested (more of 1000KB).
The memory remain occupied when I exit from the script,
if I load a new file without close Blender, and even (in main part) if I
close Blender main window!

I must close the Blender DOS window (that remain still open when I close
Blender main win )to have free memory...

Please help me: this is very very important for MH next release...

Ciao,

                   Manuel