[Bf-python] Feature request (I think very important)

Manuel Bastioni manuelbastioni at tin.it
Sun Mar 28 22:49:22 CEST 2004

> Right now, blender has a command line switch ( -y ) that
> disables running OnLoad scripts.  I propose that we require
> a command line switch to be set to *enable* running OnLoad
> scripts.  It is certainly not a complete solution to the
> problem, but it does make it a tiny bit better.  At least
> that way, people have the opportunity to examine a script
> before it runs, rather than after.  ( whether they do or
> not is another issue, but at least blender will not be
>  running scripts in total secrecy. )

Yes, the problem exist and I agree with you.

I think the onload script link can be even
removed, but adding the possibility to
run  a specific script
(must be in Blender text buffer)
by command line.

By this way I must distribute simply a
batch script (for example, under win,
a foo.bat) that load a specific .blend
with the autorun instruction.

So, if the user open directly the.blend,
the script don't run and it can read the
code...

You know my english is poor...I hope
to explain correctly my idea.

Ciao,