[Bf-python] I'm back

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Thu Mar 25 07:10:58 CET 2004

Hi,

As some of you know, I've had hardware troubles, starting with a broken
hd and then continuing with a weird series of nuisances with other parts
of the pc.  Getting back to my usual setup took way longer than I first
expected, but today I finally got to compile Blender and am hopefully
able to help again.

I'd like to thank anyone who had to wait for their patience.  Please, if
you have updated contributions that I should take a look at, feel free
to send them.

In special, I want to congratulate Joseph Gilbert for all the work he's
been doing, including new modules and admin tasks -- great work, Joe
: ).  If I get you to send the bpython changelog to Ton for the next
release, you'll basically have experienced all admin stuff related to
us, which is great.

We should move to Python 2.3.3 for Blender 2.33, as already mentioned.
After the platform builders make the move, we'll test the inclusion of a
few standard Python modules to the Windows package, so that users don't
have to install Python to be able to execute most current scripts out
there.  Naturally, after this we can check the situation for other
platforms, too, *maybe* providing a separate download for linux users
without common modules, for example.  Still early to comment.

PS: Before the troubles I was still compiling with autotools, had only
built with scons once, to test.  I was impressed today with the current
state of the new build system and felt like mentioning that again,
Michel : ) (thanks to the other guys helping him, too, of course).
Beautiful work.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br