[Bf-python] Armature again

Michael Schardt M.Schardt at web.de
Mon Mar 22 17:27:50 CET 2004

Hi all!

With my tests of the new armature module i found the following inconsistency in positioning the bones:
Adding the first bone (call it 'A') to an armature (a rootbone) you have to provide global coordinates for the setHead() and setTail() functions - ok.
When adding the second bone 'B' as a child of 'A' i would have expected to provide local coordinates - but in fact we again have to give global coordinates to setHead() and setTail() - well...
I was a bit surprised when i tried to add a 3rd bone 'C' as a child of bone 'B': all of a sudden i have to give local coordinates to the set...-functions!
Try my little test program "test_bones-4.py" to see what i mean. See the inconsistency?