[Bf-python] Feature request (I think very important)

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Fri Mar 19 17:47:02 CET 2004

> >Will be really great, for script distribution,
> >if a .blend can be open in "autorun mode",
> >that get the active script in text window and
> >run it automatically.
>
> I thought that this was what an OnLoad Scene Scriptlink did in the
> script buttons. Anyone?

Not all of the scripts are using the space button currently and some of them
might not make sense to use them that way.  Although I personally
think it will just take time for developers to addopt the new convention
and get their scrips working with it.  Before there was nothing so
it was pretty much upto whoever developed the script.  Now there is
a way to do it and we just need to wait for the rest of the script
maintainers to switch over to it.

The real question is for this autorun mode can you think of
something where the new menu stuff would not work?

Kent
mein at cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein