[Bf-python] Feature request (I think very important)

Manuel Bastioni manuelbastioni at tin.it
Fri Mar 19 15:00:00 CET 2004

I've talked about this some months ago...now
blender have the space script and more possibilities
is open...

OK. The feature:

Will be really great, for script distribution,
if a .blend can be open in "autorun mode",
that get the active script in text window and
run it automatically.

A lot of users that seen the script
with the strange words, must go
on it with mouse, to finally press
correctly the ALTKEY and PKEY, was
discouraged. Even the most userfriendly
script, with this complex start, begin
difficult.

But the very interesting reason is the
great diffusion and pubblicity of Blender
and his python features:

using the autorun, the blender
script can be extended even to NOT BLENDER
users, using, for example, a readme.txt like
this:

-------
this program require installation of Blender
from blender.org.

to run: double click on foo.blend
-------

In this way, some script can be distribuited
almost as standalone importance. I think
specifically to my MakeHuman and
other "wizard", like World Forge, L-system,
BlenderCAD, etc...

What you think?

Ciao,

                    Manuel