[Bf-python] Modules

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Wed Jun 30 20:36:17 CEST 2004

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "J.L. Coenders" <blender at universalgrid.nl>
To: <bf-python at blender.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 2:37 PM
Subject: [Bf-python] Modules

> It is probably possible to create your own modules, but I cannot really find a
> clear how to make them with my own function definitions in it.
>
> Does anyone have an example?

Any script in Python can be imported from another script and so is a module.
But since all code in the module is executed upon importing, modules should only
contain definitions (for functions, classes and variables), not actual calls,
so:

#- my_module.py
# This is a module

my_var = 10

def my_function():
  print "Hi"

#----

is an example of a module.  You just need to put it somewhere in your Python
path to be able to load it from another script (import my_module).  Is this what
you asked?  If you mean a module written in C, then look at the doc/ dir in
Blender's cvs, there's an outdated text there that is still useful.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br