[Bf-python] New Blender OBJ importer.

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Sat Jun 5 15:37:28 CEST 2004

Hi All, This is an obj importer I this afternoon.

This dosent rely on any external python modules and is intended to be
distributed with blender,
When I gave a blender presentation at Freeplay (game dev conference) a
few said thay didnt use blender, told there students not to (etc)
because of the lack of obj support (cos you need the full python distro)
and most ppl dont look into it that far.
Just get an error and give up.

It can import Verts, Faces, Materails and apply to faces(No mtl file
support yet.)
Since blenders normals are not realy editable It ignores the vert normals.

Still missing are nurbes curves, smoothing groups (again a normal issue)
and MTL files.

When MTL files are supported then it could load images...

Im happy because it seems very robust, works with all files I could find
on the net.

- Please stress test this
- Cam