[Bf-python] External scripts

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Tue Jun 1 11:22:08 CEST 2004

On Sun, 30 May 2004, Jonathan Merritt wrote:

> >>However, blender3 is another story.  There is already a
> >>secret underground movement to implement blender as python
> >>extensions.  At that point, the blender/python integration
> I would assume this plan involves having chunks of Blender implemented
> as Python extension modules (ie: Python calling the C code to do

it was quite exciting to see the beginning of these talks, 'cause that
thought had been troubling me during the past year up to the point that i
had to write and structure some notes about it last week .. that first
draft viewable at http://studio.kyperjokki.fi/engine/PythonBlender

.. so now that i'm back from a little holiday, am ready to receive
comments & criticism etc. about that :o , and can try to develop it
further if it's considered useful (i wonder how far that 'underground
movement' is and in doing what..)

> In that world view, Python would be "in charge", or at least
> gluing everything together at a higher level, and the Blender extension
> modules would performing the lower-level stuff that needs to execute
> quickly.

right. one more technical essay (rant) about these issues is
http://twistedmatrix.com/users/glyph/rant/extendit.html (that i'm linking
to from that draft proposal mentioned above)

thanks for the Disney link.

> Jonathan Merritt.

~Toni