[Bf-python] OnSave event -- patch attached to email

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Wed Jul 21 19:05:42 CEST 2004

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph" <joeeagar at prodigy.net>
To: <bf-python at blender.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 12:41 AM
Subject: Re: [Bf-python] OnSave event -- patch attached to email

> I personally think that a scriptlink is more user-friendly myself.

Not really, Draw is simpler then it may seem at first, and very useful.  But
there may be situations in which this Save event can be useful for scenes,
like when Blender is used as a command-line tool without direct user
intervention.

After 2.34 cvs will be free for new feature commits, then we can add it,
thanks.

> The idea for this came up while I was (and still am) designing an
> abstract python effects library to be used with Blender.  I wanted some
> way to save custom per-object data seemlessly, but discovered that this
> was not possible with the current API because of the lack of a OnSave
> scriptlink..

Ah, the new Properties methods and submodule can probably help you here.
Joseph Gilbert wrapped them recently for bpython: blender properties can be
added/removed/edited and are saved automatically in the .blend file.  If you
don't have a version of the ref guide with them, api2_2x/doc/Object.py has
the info you will need.  In the interface object properties are at the Logic
Buttons win -- the purple pacman icon, key F4.

> I only tried the GUI interface, and it didn't work.  I can't seem to
> figure out what's wrong; nothing in my code seems as if it could have
> this effect.

Did you try with an official Blender 2.33a or another version?

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br