[Bf-python] Questions about Python sound interface

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Wed Jul 21 07:01:08 CEST 2004

Hi Chris,

----- Original Message -----
From: <ChrisKeith at aol.com>
To: <bf-python at blender.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 1:05 AM
Subject: [Bf-python] Questions about Python sound interface

(http://home.pacbell.net/c_keith/projects/blender/misc/py_sound_interface.ht
ml)

Looks pretty good already.  This seems enough to be added, so if you test
and get it ready for inclusion, we might get it in this weekend.

A new module like Sound is a special case, because it doesn't mess with
anything outside itself, except its own registration and initializations,
which are trivial to check.  Any eventual bugs in it wouldn't break
anything, since it's new -- but anyway there's time to test well before
committing and if you need help for that just tell us.

BTW, on an almost related note, I made a simple test today: the game engine
restarts Python after it finishes, to remove the game engine modules.
Commenting out that code:
BPY_end_python();
BPy_start_python();
I got access to the game engine modules via bpython.  Might be useful, we
should check this well, I only confirmed I could import one of the modules.
It's probably trivial to register those extra modules along with bpython and
have them available for bpython scripts.

The other way around is not trivial, though (accessing bpython from game
engine scripts): a stripped down version of bpython would have to be made so
that the blenderplayer could use it, since bpython includes files from dirs
not present in the player.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br