[Bf-python] Patch for Ipo module

Nathan Letwory jesterking at letwory.net
Fri Jul 16 14:25:40 CEST 2004

I've been working lately on the Ipo and related modules. I rewrote
addCurve and related functions to accomodate for adding other Ipos than
Object Ipos. addCurve and getCurve now both can handle seven different
types. I still intend to improve on this, mainly on the texture channel
mapping, to bring it in sync with blender internals, and to have the
module code better integrate with blender.

The 'old' Ipo and IpoCurve modules both used a lot of unnecessary code,
and too complex ways to determine Ipo and IpoCurve types. This is now
mostly optimised. With the newer code changes to the Blender side of Ipos
will now often propagate automagically into Ipo and IpoCurve, especially
on retrieving curve and ipotypes. addCurve still uses hardcoded channel
names, so that still needs changes whenever the Blender side adds new
channels. I choose not to implement Ipos for the sequencer, actions and
constraints yet, since their use is still a bit unclear to me (how to get
to those, and how to handle them on the BPy side). That code is in the
patch, but commented out.

The patch is available from
http://www.letwory.net/downloads/BPy_Ipo_tuho.patch and is, as the name
already gives away, for Tuhopuu. When you look at the code you can see
I've started adding the newest texture types to the Texture module yet.
That's still WIP, but shouldn't break your builds.

I'd like some feedback on this code before I commit this to Tuhopuu.

Regards,

/Nathan Letwory