[Bf-python] Button event bug?

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Thu Jan 22 23:47:45 CET 2004

Hi Manuel,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Manuel Bastioni" <manuelbastioni at tin.it>
To: <Bf-python at blender.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 9:29 AM
Subject: [Bf-python] Button event bug?

> Is 4 a special event that I don't know?

I tested your sample script and then went to look for what was
generating that extra event that was passed to the script's gui.  Found
a curious thing: the function that handles button events inside Blender
is returning that 4.  It is the event returned when a ui block is exited
after one of its options is chosen.

So that code is returning both the chosen menu entry number and the
event stating that the menu returned 'nicely'.  What we have is an old
clash between Blender internals and the use that the bpython api makes
of it.  I'll investigate / think more to see if there's something that
can be done.  For now, '4' should be avoided for Menus.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br