[Bf-python] two minor additions to the python interface

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Thu Jan 15 06:20:08 CET 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregor Mückl" <GregorMueckl at gmx.de>
To: <bf-python at blender.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2004 3:56 PM
Subject: [Bf-python] two minor additions to the python interface

Hi Gregor,

> The patch I have appended contains two small additions to
> blenders python interface.

Great to see new coders coming in : ).

> The first one is the function Blender.Render() which allows a python
> script to invoke the renderer.

As dunk told you, a Blender.Render module is in the plans, to support
all render related stuff.  Would be nice if all interested people could
participate in defining / coding an API for it, following the rest of
bpython.

> The second one is the function Scene.Scene.setRenderdir().

When I rewrote the Scene module, we were concerned about malicious
scripts, trying to find ways to prevent trouble, so things like this
didn't seem a good idea.  But I'll talk to Ton and the other coders
about it during the next meeting, see what people say.  Sorry bout that,

but please (this is for all coders here): don't let things like this
give you a wrong impression, we respect and welcome new bpython
coders/users, but in a big project even helping can be frustrating (at
first, things get better once you start getting used to its ways, of
course).

I'll tell you what was discussed next week -- of course you can go to
#blendercoders and discuss this yourself first or during the meeting.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br