[Bf-python] framechange, keypress, selection change callbacks

dunk at dunkfordyce.co.uk dunk at dunkfordyce.co.uk
Sat Jan 10 23:36:07 CET 2004

thanks for the comments Brecht,

> The keypress event will probably be a problem as the action a keypress
> results in is different from window to window. Also, the "selection
> change" name is not really clear. Many different things can be selected
> in Blender, like vertices, objects, NLA Channels/Keys, ... .

basically what im trying to achieve is so you can run your script and then
do things ( atm to your model, but i guess it could be to anything ) via
keypressses in your editor window ( ie. not the script window ). hence also
the need for the selection change event.

but indeed i had not thought of other object types. i do hope other people can
see the benifit of this to scripts ( as i think there may be of been a little
confusion on irc ).

> You might want to check out Daniel Dunbar's notes on the
> Interface/Window/Event system, it really made a lot of things clear to
> me anyway.
>
> http://www.zuster.org/blender/blender_interface_notes.txt

yes, been there done that ;)

just to make something clear: i have lots of programming experience but never
anything like this. i grep the source code and find what i can. if i do
something wrong or badly it is only because that is the best i know how.
please tell me otherwise. i am only trying to learn. if my script could
benifit from some functionality i try and implement it. simple.

thanks for any support,

dunk