[Bf-python] two minor additions to the python interface

Gregor Mückl GregorMueckl at gmx.de
Sat Jan 10 18:56:27 CET 2004

Hi!

The patch I have appended contains two small additions to blenders python
interface.

The first one is the function Blender.Render() which allows a python script to
invoke the renderer. It takes an additional argument indicating wether
blender should just render the current frame or the whole animation (it's
exactly the same difference as between the render and anim buttons in the
UI). It is not exactly pretty, but quite useful if you have to do some exotic
rendering jobs.

The second one is the function Scene.Scene.setRenderdir(). It is the
complement of Scene.Scene.getRenderdir() and is quite useful in combination
with the Render() function above. However, I'm not quite sure wether my
implementation of this function does leak any memory.

The files touched by this patch are:

source/blender/python/api2_2x/Blender.c
source/blender/python/api2_2x/Blender.h
source/blender/python/api2_2x/Scene.c

The patch was generated by cvs diff -cp in the directory
source/blender/python/api2_2x/

I'll be happy to make changes to this patch if it does not meet your
requirements.

Regards,
Gregor