[Bf-python] Reason for removal of ReleaseGlobalDictionary in BPY_interface.c

ChrisKeith at aol.com ChrisKeith at aol.com
Fri Feb 20 02:19:47 CET 2004

Hello Willian-

Apologies for peppering you with emails, but I think I've found a better fix for that crash.  I inserted the "set to NULL" line instead of taking out the ReleaseGlobalDictionary line:

        ReleaseGlobalDictionary(py_dict);
>>>     script->py_globaldict = NULL;
        free_libblock(&G.main->script, script);

This prevents the crash, but leaves both calls to ReleaseGlobalDictionary in place to handle whatever cases need to be handled (I hope!).

- best regards,
Chris Keith