[Bf-python] re: IPO Exposure

Roland Hess rolandh at reed-witting.com
Wed Feb 18 14:51:04 CET 2004

Problem solved!

Here are two simple lines of code and an explanation of what they do:

[original code of IpoCurve.c in the API2_2 section of the Python
directory, the addBezier method]
bzt->vec[0][0] = x-1;
bzt->vec[1][0] = x;
bzt->vec[2][0] = x+1;
bzt->vec[0][1] = y-1;
bzt->vec[1][1] = y;
bzt->vec[2][1] = y+1;

[new code, to follow immediately after this]
bzt->h1= HD_AUTO;
bzt->h2= HD_AUTO;

That's it! This sets the handle types you just created to
AutoHandles, so that when you add points with the addBezier method,
you get the nice smooth IPO lines you get when you add points by hand
in edit mode.

I think that this is a much more desirable default behavior. So, if
you agree and like the functionality, could someone please commit
this update (and credit me in the log - this is my first encounter
with the source!) Until it's in the cvs, I'll be using my own
home-rolled binary.

Thanks.
--
Roland Hess (harkyman)