[Bf-python] python 2.4

www.stani.be s_t_a_n_i at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 03:17:55 CET 2004

Hi,

I use python also a lot outside Blender. Often after a
while I need to start using packages that are compiled
for python 2.4 which are not binary compatible with
python 2.3 Of course to implement 2.4 for Blender 2.36
is too quick, but for 2.37 would be very desirable and
that is probably still some time to go.

The new features of python 2.4 for me seem very
interesting. For example with the new cookie module it
is possible to download images through
google/altavista/... which can be used as variable
textures in Blender. So I guess the usefulness of new
features is quite subjective. Also the new
implementation of generators can save a huge amount of
memory when running scripts on large data sets.

And maybe python2.4 is better compatible with irix.
Who knows?

Stani

PS Indeed the final version of Python 2.4 was released
not a release candidate. That was some time ago.

http://spe.pycs.net