[Bf-python] Building python with builtin modules

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Tue Aug 31 10:50:52 CEST 2004

Chris Want wrote:

> I've been told that python can be built so
> that it has important modules such as 'math'
> built inside it. Would anybody know what configure
> flag achieves this?

Hi Chris,

There is a file called Setup (Modules/Setup.dist under cvs) where you
can define which c modules should be compiled statically or shared.  I
use the official source package and compile it (linux) with
--enable-shared, otherwise Blender crashes when linked against the
resulting libpython.  I didn't try yet with the newer Python 2.4, but
there's a good chance it'll work fine if you prefer it.

Check this section (and also the one after it) from the main readme:
Building a shared libpython.  Here's the link:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/python/python/dist/src/README?rev=1.182&view=markup

The Setup.dist file where changes should be made:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/python/python/dist/src/Modules/Setup.dist?rev=1.47&view=markup

--
Willian