[Bf-python] Illustrator AI/EPS import

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Tue Aug 3 02:08:53 CEST 2004

On 3 Aug 2004, at 2:41 AM, Willian Padovani Germano wrote (on
bf-committers)

> Hi Matt and all,
>
> Got more info from Jean-Michel about the path import scripts:
>
> "
> AI and EPS/PS are limited to PS-Adobe-2.0 format. Imports files with
> PS-Adobe-3.0 may work or fail it depends if there is "bind to" commands
> and if  points are or not on separated lines (it was easier at the
> beginning).
> I can add a test  for these cases and try to find an Illustrator
> version
> to make a few new exports . I worked on Freid's files (old french
> fellow
> of NaN).

Jean-Michel, I own Illustrator CS, which can export to a large number
of .AI / .EPS formats. If you would like me to make any test files for
you, I'd be more than happy to. You can even send me some SVG files,
which I can then export from Illustrator, in Illustrator format, so you
know exactly what is in the file. I can export to these formats:

Illustrator .AI formats:
------------------
Illustrator CS .AI (pdf compatible or pdf incompatible) (with
compression or without compression)
Illustrator 10 .AI (pdf compatible or pdf incompatible) (with
compression or without compression)
Illustrator 9 .AI
Illustrator 8 .AI
Illustrator 3 .AI

Illustrator .EPS formats:
Illustrator CS .EPS  (PostScript Level 2 or PostScript Level 3)
Illustrator 10 .EPS  (PostScript Level 2 or PostScript Level 3)
Illustrator 9 .EPS  (PostScript Level 2 or PostScript Level 3)
Illustrator 8 .EPS  (PostScript Level 2 or PostScript Level 3)
Illustrator 3 .EPS  (PostScript Level 2 or PostScript Level 3)

Cheers,

Matt