[Bf-python] radius of collision sphere

Jacek Popławski jpopl at interia.pl
Tue Apr 27 16:10:19 CEST 2004

Hello Willian!

> This is something that would have to be in Blender itself.  It'd be useful
> there, too, since renderers like "primitives" and specially spheres.

So, the long term goal is to find in blender source how to define new type of
object, and implement it :)
Anyway I am putting it at end of FIFO, because I still have no armature
support, and I see it's done in API!

> 1) you give a meaninful name to the object itself, or its mesh, to tell your
> script to calculate the bounding sphere for it, based on its bounding box.

I don't need bounding box at all. I will build sphere mesh, then calculate
distance between center and any point - it will be close to radius. Or I will
take object size. Or better both (distance*size) to avoid any errors.

--
Free Software - find interesting programs and change them
NetHack - meet interesting creatures, kill them and eat their bodies