[Bf-python] Creating/assigning a materials list for a mesh

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Wed Apr 14 05:57:34 CEST 2004

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lone Wolf" <lone_wolf at ureach.com>
To: <bf-python at blender.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 11:10 PM
Subject: [Bf-python] Creating/assigning a materials list for a mesh

> I'm playing with Blender python scripts. I did the tuts on
> jmsoler, and searched the knowledge base and google ...

You can also take a look at the Blender Python Reference docs, there are
examples there:

Go to www.blender.org and click on "Documentation" from the main menu at
the left or simply follow this link:

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=documentation&file=in
dex

The old Blender 2.0 guide there also has a chapter about Python that is
still useful.

(...)
> With this code, a material is created, but does not show up on
> the face.

You need to update a mesh for changes to it to be written back to
Blender:

# first create or grab and modify a mesh called mymesh, then
mymesh.update()

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br