[Bf-python] Packaging issues

alex mole nal at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Apr 10 16:26:31 CEST 2004

Hi

First, thanks for all your replies. It seems that I'm not the only one
who is unsure of how this should be best done- everyone's suggestion was
different :)

In fact, my plugin is only a thin wrapper around a large amount of code
that will run with or without Blender (there is a standalone version
that loads and saves scenes from/to file instead of interfacing with
Blender). Perhaps because of this it would make sense to use distutils
to install the bulk of the code [everything not blender-specific], and
just put the Blender-specific stuff [2 .py files] in .blender/scripts?

Alex