[Bf-python] Re: erasing textures, materials, objects

nicolas bonnand nicolas.bonnand at wanadoo.fr
Wed Apr 7 22:13:13 CEST 2004

 > If you need many in parallel, try to do the same: create them once,
reuse later.

Thanks Willian and Stephen for your answers.

I'll do that.

1)  Then.... is there a trick to simply reinitialize a texture I want to
reuse ?

Am I really obliged to set each attribute to it's default value by hand
like this:    (???)

t.image=None
t.noiseDepth=...
t.noiseSize=...
t.rgb=...

Is it possible to do the same in only one instruction ?
Something like this:   t.setDefault()   ??????

2) Same question for material
Is there a trick to simply re-initialize a material ?

Something like this:       mat.setDefault()
instead of

mat.rgbCol = [0.8, 0.8, 0.8]
mat.setAlpha(1.0)
mat.emit = 0.0