[Bf-python] Gameengine

Joseph Gilbert models at paposo.com
Sun Apr 4 16:02:01 CEST 2004

Hi, everybody!

	I was thinking about adding some support for logic bricks (properties,
really) to the object class of the current python API. However, upon
investigating this, I realized that there is an entire python API for the
game engine (HELLO!).  What I also realized is that this is not tied an any
way to the current API, but I think that the current API is tied to the
gameengine API. Hmmm.
	Is there really a need for 2 APIs? With the inclusion of the game engine in
the next release, can we incorporate all of the python stuff for actuators,
logic bricks, sensors, yukdyuk. to the normal API?? If not then how about
duplicating the logic brick stuff into the regular python API and linking it
to regular python objects???
There are python classes to control this stuff scattered throughout the
KX_ketsji and SCA_GameLogic modules, however, it's not integrated (as far as
I know) with the current API.
	What I would really like to do is add some support for linking logic bricks
to BPyObject's so that this is accessible normally. Maybe the best way to do
this would be to cut/paste/integrate. However, should there be a more
standard and larger integration of these 2 API's???

Joseph