[Bf-python] Little error with 228c

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Tue Sep 30 03:45:18 CEST 2003

From: "Stephen Swaney" <sswaney at swbell.net>
(...)

Don't worry, Stephen, you know one or another bug always slips in,
happened/happens to us all.  Michel will probably take a look there, if only
'name' is causing trouble (or if not many are), then simple "Py_Build" calls
in place can solve the issue, like: return Object_setName(self,
Py_Build("(O)", value)) (from memory, not checking the exact names now).

> The beeping and strange characters are likely from this message in
> getSelected() right before it calls GetSelected:
>
>  PyErr_Warn (PyExc_DeprecationWarning,
>             "The Object.getSelected() function will be removed in "\
>              "Blender 2.29\n" \
>              "Please update the script to use Object.GetSelected");
>
> Think of it as a message from the future!

Yes, Stephen is right, the noisy output comes from PyErr_Warn, it's probably
broken in that Python 2.2, at least. And yes, we tried to follow this
convention:

Module functions like NMesh.GetRaw() start with capital letters;
Object methods like nmesh.update() don't.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br