[Bf-python] returnvertsfromgroup

models at paposo.com models at paposo.com
Mon Sep 29 01:28:39 CEST 2003

    I  was thinking again. The VGroup function returnVertsFromGroup returns
the coords and index of a Dvert. I don't think this is the way to go. It
should return the weight & index of each Dvert tested.  Then there should be
a separate way of accessing the data (no,co,uv) in a vertex that is part of
a mesh by index. (myVert = mesh.verts[index] || myVert.co = [1,1,1] ||
mesh.update i guess)
    This is because returnVertsFromGroup shouldn't return co data if it can
be done otherwise (i guess). This function then would become more like
getVertWeightsFromGroup() though - maybe returnGroupWeights(). However, the
funtion will only return a set of verts if they are part of the group - so
it acts as a bit of a test for vertex/group associations too.  I wouldn't
just be returning weights from a group...
    I don't know what to think really about this.  I've modified the
returnVertsFromGroup to return ((co,co,co)(no,no,no)weight,index) but the
co's and no's are better being returned by something else....
    This would be different from returnVertexInfluences() as that function
looks at all groups that influence a single vertex, while this would look at
all vertex points that are part of a single group.