[Bf-python] A few notes

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Thu Sep 18 05:50:28 CEST 2003

Hi,

Today I committed some pending changes to the Blender cvs repository.

- The Window module now has the SetCursorPos, GetViewMatrix and
GetViewVector functions requested.

- Fixed the crash with scene.frameSettings() reported by jms.  About the
scriptlink weird behavior that you also reported in that msg, jms: it is
related to changes made by intrr to sync animations + sound.  Recently he
added a "Sync" button to the Animation buttons win, if you toggle that, the
scriptlink behaves more like we expect, from the tests I've made.  To
garantee that your scriptlink only plays when frames change, scripts can
save the last frame number and only execute code when that changes, or maybe
we should investigate further and fix this in Blender itself, right now I
don't know.

- I've also applied the fixes from Stephen to both Lamp.h and
BPY_interface.c, so now our sys.path should know better.  Thanks, Stephen
: ).

- Jacques: I didn't try your proposal yet, but I read all the code you put
there, nice work.  There might be people in the bf-blender list also
interested on it.  If you haven't emailed that list, too, I suggest you do.

- Last note: made changes to NMesh to add a pointer to its parent object,
for Joseph's vgrouping methods.  Please, Joseph, while you're at it, test
mesh creation and linkage, to make sure I haven't broken anything.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br