[Bf-python] blender openbsd

Michel Selten michel.s at home.nl
Mon Sep 15 19:41:20 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 15:51, Rolando Rubio R wrote:
> Next export some vars
> export CXXFLAGS="-I/usr/X11R6/include/ -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib -I/usr/local/include/python2.2
> -L/usr/local/lib/python2.2/config"
> export CFLAGS="-I/usr/X11R6/include/ -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib -I/usr/local/include/python2.2
> -L/usr/local/lib/python2.2/config"

I see you're using the autoconf build environment from the output below.
In that case, it shouldn't be necessary to set the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS.

> I install python 2.2
>
> Finally everything compile less the final part I get this error:
> /bin/sh ./libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -funsigned-char
> -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT  -pthread -o blender
> -L/lib/python at PYTHON_VERSION@/config    source/libblender_source.la

The above -L/lib/..../config part looks to me as if something is either
wrong with the autoconf/automake environment or something went wrong
with the Python installation. I assume that Python has been found while
running the configure script.

> ld: source/.libs/libblender_source.al(libblender_api2_2x_la-Effect.lo):
> relocation must refer to global symbol at 0xb61

The above error (removed duplicates) I really haven't got a clue about.
Sorry.

> GHOST_ISystem.lo: Undefined symbol `GHOST_SystemX11::GHOST_SystemX11(void)'
> referenced from text segment

Hrm, this could mean that something is wrong in the Makefile.am file in
the Ghost directory.

> ./Modules/posixmodule.c:4457: warning: tempnam() possibly used unsafely;
> consider using mkstemp()
> ./Modules/posixmodule.c:4509: warning: tmpnam() possibly used unsafely;
> consider using mkstemp()

Don't worry about the above two warnings. No problem at all.

Have you tried using the regular build environment? The autoconf system
isn't really ready for prime time. Your reports and help improve the
system.
Such a mail is very suitable to the main bf-committers list :) More
developers are following the discussions there.

With regards,
	Michel