[Bf-python] PYTHONPATH

www.stani.be s_t_a_n_i at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 00:52:51 CEST 2003

--- Willian Padovani Germano <wgermano at ig.com.br>
wrote:
> Hi, Stani
>
> I read your email to the other list: don't worry
> about that libpng issue, of
> course it will be fixed for 2.29.
Oops, thanks, otherwise I had to start all png to gifs
or tifs. It's nice to get a garantee ;-)

> >(...) It's a pitty that Python has to be launched
> > inside Blender and that Blender can not be
> launched
> > from Python.  Will that one time be possible?
> (...)
> To really let Python control Blender (or better put:
> making Blender modular
> and friendly to external envs/programs) would
> require a major rewrite.  Of
> course this is only what I guess, and I wouldn't
> call myself an experienced
> programmer at all.
Ok, that's not necessary than.  Instead I would prefer
if Blender could be started with a command launch
option to load a script inside Blender itself and that
Python also can shutdown Blender.  With these two
additions, a lot becomes possible.

--- Stephen Swaney <sswaney at swbell.net> wrote:
> One quick hack-around is to insert something like
> the following
> at the beginning of a script:
>
> import sys
> try:
> 	import site
> 	sys.path += site.sitedirs
> except:
> 	pass
Thanks, that's what I need, at least if it works in
Linux, because in Windows the site-packages path is
already in the sys.path  Just curiosity: why is this
different for windows and linux?
Ciao,
Stani