[Bf-python] PYTHONPATH

jms jmsoler at free.fr
Fri Sep 12 21:21:53 CEST 2003

Willian Padovani Germano wrote:

> From: jms
> > All you need :
> > http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7723
>
> Thanks, jms.  I had already seen that thread, but underestimated its
> completeness.
>
> Once you mentioned (unless I'm mistaken, of course) that math is part of the
> python dll in Windows, right?  That is another thing we should know more
> about.

For instance, to see the modules in the dll, you can try this:

from sys import builtin_module_names
print builtin_module_names

( And  Jacques can read this page:
http://cobalt3d.free.fr/didact/python/builtin_et_os.htm )

> Under linux and (at least newer, I don't know) OSX we can assume full Python
> installations.

If a there is a problem with math module, an installation for "developpers" is needed.

> In another email you pointed that 'nt' can be used to
> substitute 'os' under Windows, too.
>
> So that would mean we can expect both math and (os or nt) in most if not
> 100% of Blender 2.28a's out there ?

Not os, it is a part of python libs but nt and math yes.

Regards.