[Bf-python] Bug in Blender.Object.New ?

Manuel Bastioni manuelbastioni at tin.it
Wed Sep 10 10:48:39 CEST 2003

Thx, it work (and the link instruction isn't necessary :-)  )
but I've followed the example from 228 doc:
import Blender
 scene = Blencer.Scene.getCurrent ()   # get the current scene
 ob = Blender.Object.New ('Camera')    # make camera object
 cam = Blender.Camera.New ('ortho')    # make ortho camera data object
 ob.link (cam)                         # link camera data with the object
 scene.link (ob)                       # link the object into the scene
 ob.setLocation (0.0, -5.0, 1.0)       # position the object in the scene

 Blender.Redraw()                      # redraw the scene to show the
updates.

only modify it using the "name" argument in the
new object declaration as I've read here:
New(type, name='type')
Creates a new Object.

    Parameters:
    type - The Object type: 'Armature', 'Camera', 'Curve', 'Lamp', 'Mesh' or
'Empty'.
               (type=string)
    name - The name of the object. By default, the name will be the same as
the object type.
               (type=string)
I'm using
newBaseObj = Blender.Object.New("Mesh","Base")
but it return a object named "Mesh" instead "Base".