[Bf-python] vertex groups

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Thu Sep 4 11:39:30 CEST 2003

Hi,

From: models at paposo.com

> I have come down with some sort of plague today. (Cough.. cough...)

Gee, we forgot to warn you ... that's the ancient Blender dev curse.  It
'helps' us dive into the sources ; ) ...

> Anway, I made the the needed changes to the vertex group stuff in
object.c.
> It now has the following:
(...)

Great, we'll test them and commit.  Michel: I'll test, too, if you don't
have time to commit the changes, just tell me.

One more thing (Jack Chan Adventures is a great cartoon!):  since those
methods now accept lists of vtx indices, it'd be nice to make that clear in
the name, so instead of assignVertexToGroup, for example, we could have
something like:

- assignVerticesToGroup
- assignVertsToGroup
- assignVertlistToGroup
- assignVertIndicesToGroup
- ?

The last one is clearer, but we'll let you choose  : ).  So ... ?

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br