[Bf-python] NMesh Q

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Thu Sep 4 11:28:26 CEST 2003

Hi, hope you're feeling better : )

From: models at paposo.com

> I was looking at NMesh today and i realized that there are alot of
functions
> for setting and retrieving the attributes for faces/colors and vertex
points.
> None of these methods are listed in a methods table for the class. For
> example:  NMVert_getattr, NMVert_setattr for mesh verts

These are standard Python/C hooks, like dealloc, repr, print, etc.  These
two you saw handle access to member variables:

print vert.co
vert.co = [1,1,1]
etc.

They are already in a table: the table that defines the NMVert type, same
for the other types.

> Also is there any reason for just renaming everything in NMesh to Mesh to
> stop the confusion?

I don't even know what 'N' means ... it's legacy.  The reason not to rename
is so that we don't break compatibility.  There used to be a Mesh module in
2.25 (wrapper in Python of NMesh, with a different API), to make things
worse.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br