[Bf-python] local

models at paposo.com models at paposo.com
Thu Oct 30 02:29:25 CET 2003

Just as a reference...
I think that what is happening is that when an object is read from file it is given a unique ID, however, internally generated objects are also given a 'internally' unique ID. These IDs can overlap (i guess). So to reduce the confusion, external datablocks (those considered non-local, possibly read from file) are given local IDs when make_local() is called on the datablock. When external datablocks are linked to an object a copy of the external datablock with a unique internal ID is generated and linked to the object while the usercount of the external block is decremented.  Anyway I think this is in the ballpark !' ----->  *)