[Bf-python] Blender 2.30

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Mon Oct 20 16:10:49 CEST 2003

Hi,

Blender 2.30 should be release in about two weeks.  CVS will be frozen next
Sunday or Monday for anything but bugfixes.  At least that's what was
discussed yesterday during the irc meeting.  It's important to have 2.30
soon, for both the conference and documenting in the new Blender book.

There will probably be no time for the proper integration of Python, we need
time to test that and right now Blender itself is changing too fast and
needs extensive testing.  If there are changes in the ui API in interface.c,
the Draw module will break, and fixing this takes precedence over new
features, of course.

We have to wait for the internal changes to settle down before we can
implement the integration.  Once done, these will also mean changes in the
way script writers code (no worries, things shouldn't break, we'll only add
features like a way for scripts to register themselves in Blender menus,
probably access to adding gui pannels, etc).

Work on Blender's UI and in bpython will also continue after 2.30, so again,
no worries.  Let's make sure the bugs are fixed and leave big additions
(like reworked or new modules) for 2.30a or 2.31, whatever it is called.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br