[Bf-python] mesh block selection

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Sun Oct 5 09:13:38 CEST 2003

Hi,

From: <models at paposo.com>

> This function attempts to change the active object's mesh to the mesh
> datablock you choose in the menu.  This explains why the active object is
> changing shapes.
> It would seem to me that it would be better to select the all the objects
in
> the scene that the mesh datablocks are linked to rather than calling
> set_mesh on the OBACT.

Forgive me (and tell me) if I'm "out of focus", I haven't tried the test you
suggested yet.

Just from reading the above sentences: yes, that's what is supposed to
happen when you, *with some mesh object active*, change the mesh it is
linked to.  Blender shouldn't change all other objects linked to a
particular mesh -- the user is only changing the mesh of the active object,
not of any other object.  You can always change the mesh any object is
linked to, even deleted (us=0) meshes, you know.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br