[Bf-python] Subsurf button

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Fri Oct 3 17:21:41 CEST 2003

From: "Jonathan Merritt" <j.merritt at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au>
(...)
> I'm writing to check that there isn't yet a way to tell whether or not
> the "Subsurf" button has been checked for a mesh.  From what I can
> gather, Willian is currently working on this.  Is that the case?

Hi, Jonathan

In 2.28c there is a new NMesh dictionary: Modes, together with two new
methods: nmesh.get/setMode().  This gives access to "SubSurf", among other
things.  Note that you may need object.makeDisplayList(), too, after a
change in the subsurf state -- and after updating the nmesh, to see the
change.

These features are not documented yet, I still have to wrap things like the
subdivision levels (display/rendering) and the smooth angle.  For the
subdivision I'll talk to Ton first, since setting it too high can cause
trouble.  Either we:

- don't care
- don't let users set the rendering subdiv levels from scripts at all
- put limits to max levels set from scripts

Suggestions welcome.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br