[Bf-python] quat multiplication

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Fri Nov 28 18:50:43 CET 2003

Hi Joe,

> They look that way but check this out. I put the formulas into an
> excel spreadsheet.  I think that blender's coordinates are rotated or
> something:

You're forgetting to write the quat components in the right order for
each convention: Cal3d uses q = (x,y,z,w), Blender uses q = (w,x,y,z).

If you want to compare the multiplication q1.q2 using Cal3d's and
Blender's quat multiply code, you must write quat components in the
right order for each:
Cal3d multiply: use (x1, y1, z1, w1) . (x2, y2, z2, w2)
Blender multiply: use (w1, x1, y1, z1) . (w2, x2, y2, z2)

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br