[Bf-python] genutils

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Fri Nov 21 04:46:31 CET 2003

Hi Alex,

> Is it ok if i add some things to genutils.[ch]?

Yes, imo.  The functions you provide look like good, readable alternatives.
It's the sort of thing that we meant to see at bpython after we got it to
replace the old implementation, in 2.28.

Since the old code had some fancy but hard to read macros, plus it was a mix
of unfinished old and new api's, we were careful to write code that would be
plain, fast and easy to read, so others could participate / learn faster.

The changes you propose are good ones, I just ask that we do not start to
change existing code (like Material.c, etc) right now, because 2.31 is an
important bug fix release, new stuff should be left for 2.32.  Simply adding
the functions to gen_utils and using them yourself now isn't a problem, of
course, so go ahead : ).

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br