[Bf-python] NMesh module and RVK

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Wed Nov 19 03:18:07 CET 2003

Hi Joe,

> Ooo.  Im excited now! The Key module! This should great. Will this solve
> the 100 frame clamp problem with the insert_xxxkey() methods?  If you
> can just add keyblock data/per frame to the object's key it would remove
> the need to call these methods, right? Yea!

I already did some work on this tonight.  It's a weird module, Key itself is
not that useful, since each object only has one and they are only created
for an object, not stand-alone.  Keyblocks are where the fun is, so I'll
have to think well which is better:

- Create the Blender.Key  + KeyBlock module or
- Create only the helper pytype KeyBlock and improve Mesh/Curve/Lattice
methods that deal with keys.
- Both (likely)

Fixing the problem you mention isn't hard.  I'll also look at the Ipos,
there's one in Key and one in Mesh, exposing them might be useful.  BGL's
buffer can also be useful to wrap the data (plus also a method that returns
keyblock->data as a list of vectors -- users choose). Well, need to research
/ think more about the best solution.  We want a fast / economic way to deal
with all those keys in your Quake models, right ; ) ?

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br