[Bf-python] Python VC compilation...

Simon Clitherow mediocre at mixnmojo.com
Sat May 31 13:00:44 CEST 2003

Hi list!

I've started to modify the VC6 project files to compile in this new python
stuff.

Sadly (but not suprisingly), I had to modify the code somewhat to get things
to compile correctly on Windows.

Basically, VC doesn't like the PyObject_HEAD_INIT(&PyType_Type) statements,
preferring instead PyObject_HEAD_INIT(NULL) and having the additional
initialization in the init() functions.

Attached is a diff file which gets Windows compiling.  Currently the changes
are encapsulated in #ifdef's but if this method can compile successfully on
other platforms, maybe it is better to use it globally?

Cheers,

Simon