[Bf-python] NMesh vs Mesh

Manuel manuelbastioni at tin.it
Sat May 31 10:02:28 CEST 2003

> BTW, I've finally implemented the material and image parts of NMesh, so
> it's "done", except for linking to Object, which I need to discuss a
> little with Michel, first.

OK, I use NMesh.

Why Mesh is necessary?
If you are done material and image in the NMesh module (Wow, great!), it's
very
complete, IMHO.

Consider that NMESH module is very "famous" and documentated:

--a lot of user buy (and will buy) the Wartmann book
(for example it's the only book translated in italian); all Carsten samples
is
compatible (or almost) with actual API, and it's a great help for the
beginners.

--another "famous" documentation is the appendix 1.8, with the complete
description of all NMesh features.

--a lot of html literature was written based on NMesh module, for
example the useful Jms site:
http://jmsoler.free.fr/didacticiel/blender/tutor/python_script01.htm

Ok..
The material and image parts of NMesh will be available in Blender2.28?

And, again, why Mesh is necessary? Where are the problems in NMesh?
It's dirty-hasty code?

Best Regards,

             Manuel Bastioni