[Bf-python] comments on writing an exporter

Jordi Rovira i Bonet jordi.rovira at ima.udg.es
Thu May 29 11:09:00 CEST 2003

Peter Amstutz wrote:

> Isn't it possible to embed an image in a .blend file? Then you don't
>
>necessarily have a valid filename associated with an image, in which case
>you need to access the image data directly.  Personally I just want the
>image in a standard, compressed format (png or jpeg) so I can embed it
>into my own file format, but ideally there should be a whole interface to
>accessing pixels and drawing on the texture.

What you can do with images embedded in blend files is to "Unpack All"
from the main blender menu. This will write the files in a compressed
format and assign the file names to the image datablocks. I agree
however, that a way of dealing with textures that don't come from images
should be considered...

>I'll probably check out the latest CVS blender and see what exppython
>looks like...

Configure it with the "-enable-exppython" option, or you'll get the
ancient imlementation.

(bandoler)