[Bf-python] Metaball module

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Wed May 28 06:22:12 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 18:21, Jacques Guignot wrote:
> A little question : Objects created with the new modules (Camera, Curve,
> Metaball,...) are created in the program's memory , but they don't
> appear neither in the 3d windows, nor in the object windows.
> I think they should be added to the "main" field of the global class G,
> but I have not yet found how to do that...  ;-(
> Any help?

These (Camera, Lamp, Curve, Metaball, etc) are object Data, as you
know.  Unless they are linked to some object, they won't be shown in
Blender except in those data menus in the edit buttons win.  Try for
yourself: add a cube and erase the default plane *Object*.  In the Mesh
drop-down menu (Edit Button win) there's still the plane mesh data,
marked with a '0' (no users).  And you can link the cube Object to it,
making the cube mesh have '0' users.  With zero users these data objects
don't appear in 3d or obj windows.

One thing we may end up changing is this: calling functions like
add_camera(), add_material(name), etc. as we do, generates Blender
objects with id->users = 1.  The old implementation would set these
values back to zero until the data got linked.  Maybe we'll do that,
too.

Good work, Guignot : ).  I'll try your updated files tomorrow, ok?  It's
too late right now here and I've had enough of this pc for today ...

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br