[Bf-python] Object matrix writable?

Antonio Lippi superfigo73 at hotmail.com
Fri May 23 09:16:33 CEST 2003

Hello friends,
some time ago I made an early stage C extension for Blender Python that
allowed to render animations in Blender with physics simulation using ODE
(see here: http://members.xoom.it/Devas/cubesphere.avi).
ODE is better for real time physics and simulation are not that accurate,
but a problem I met was that object matrix is not writable but read only.
I had to convert the matrix from ODE in Euler angles to feed Blender API,
and on some occasions this gave wrong results and the simulation failed
(this is why I abandoned the project).
I think it would be a good addition to the API to be able to set the matrix
directly - is there any cons in this?