[Bf-python] Object module things

Michel Selten michel.s at home.nl
Wed May 21 21:55:52 CEST 2003

Hi,

Working on the Object module again :) This time I have some questions
about the API.

* getDeformData
  from the api docs: Returns the Datablock object containing the
                     object's deformed data Currently, this is only
                     supported for a Mesh
  There's no implementation of this function in the 2.25 api, and I
  don't quite understand what the purpose of this function is.
  Obviously some data is to be deformed by some kind of function and
  returned in a PyObject (Mesh/NMesh). The source data is probably also
  of the type Mesh/NMesh, but I don't understand what function I should
  execute.

* getDrawMode
  from the api docs: Returns the Object draw modes as a list of strings

  This is different from what's in 2.25. In 2.25, an integer is
  returned. Should I follow the api doc, or the implementation in 2.25?

* getLocation (also applies to setLocation)
  from the api docs: Returns the object's location (x, y, z). For the
                     moment, relative has no effect.
  What would he have meant by relative? I guess relative to some other
  coordinate. For now I ignore the entire argument.

* getType
  from the api docs: Returns type string of Object, which is one of
                     Object.Types.keys()
  (same story as for getDrawMode).

* getDrawType and setDrawType
  These functions are not the opposite of each other according to the
  api description. Erm, maybe I should say the getDrawType is not
  complete :)
  Anyway, if we look at the setDrawType function, it has the same
  problem as getDrawMode, only that it's now about just 1 string.

Todo:
- Implement & update functions related to modules not yet implemented.
- Implement the Matrix related functions
- Check if the arguments for setLocation, setDeltaLocation, ... are
  correct. I probably need to parse a tuple here.
- Implement the shareFrom function.

Object module is getting more and more complete.

With regards,
	Michel