[Bf-python] memo + new MetaBall

Jordi Rovira i Bonet jordi.rovira at ima.udg.es
Wed May 21 12:51:30 CEST 2003

Willian Padovani Germano wrote:

>On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 22:07, guignot wrote:
>

>>This short memo concerns the homogeneity of the interface.
>>

>(...)
>

>>The access to the field 'x' of the third metaelem of the metaball mb can
>>be granted with
>>mb->getMetaElemx(2)   (2 because begins at 0)
>>or by mb->getMetaElem('x',2)
>>

>(...)
>

>>What's your opinion :
>>a) implement both
>>b) implement first only
>>c) implement second only ?
>>d) implement another one ?
>>

>b) or c): Choose one of them, no need to implement both or another one.

Hello,

  If i have understood this, a metaball has many metaelements, like the
armature can have many root bones (at least, it's a list in the C
structure pointing the root bones structures). Then in my opinion and to
keep object orientation, we should make another module MetaElem as a
submodule of MetaBall wrapping the MetaElem C object. Then, in python,
we should get the MetaElems of a metaball and work with the list and
each objects separately. It takes some more coding, but i think it leads
to a nicer object oriented API...
  What do you think.

(bandoler)